PBX = Potential Baby X = Weeny Beany

Thursday 6 March 2008

Countdown

We saw our doctor again this morning. All was good, she smiled indulgently at all the questions and answered them all very patiently. She did say, however, that she thinks that pregnant women need at least 12 pillows by the time they give birth! Apparently pillows solve all problems from reflux to shortness of breath to morning sickness. I hope they also help with the needed to pee constantly, but I'm not holding out hope for that.

We have a date for the first ultrasound! April 4. Just under a month. So now the countdown begins until then when we can 1. see weeny beany for the first time and 2. finally tell Princess! I'll be over 12 weeks then so will be happy for the world to know. But between you and me, I think she knows, or at least suspects, anyway. The biggest indication of this : she had a friend over yesterday and they were playing maternity hospitals with her polly pockets! And she keeps asking to look at baby name books. Ostensibly to find names for her dolls and teddies, but I'm not so sure about that....

So I guess all will be reasonably quiet around here until April - i have to get blood tests mid March, then the scan on 4 April, then our first hospital appointment on 9 April. Will all be happening then. And I can't wait. Maybe all of that will help it all seem a bit less surreal.

In the meantime, I'm starting a new job (just a casual one, still waiting to hear from dream job about which I am heaps conflicted), we will celebrate Princess's 8th birthday, including a sleepover for 8 little girls (! help!), Easter, though that will be fairly boring this year given that Princess and I can't eat chocolate and finally, two weeks school holidays ALREADY! So the next month should go fairly quickly.

In other news, we had a parent teacher interview with Princess's teacher this morning and it went super well. The teacher is amazing and our Princess is a whole different kid this year. She's bright and confident and happy and enthusiastic and strong and more independent than ever. It's amazing the difference a great teacher can make. I also think that the vast improvements in Princess' health, caused mainly by our wonderful naturopath, have a lot to do with it. She has so much energy and is so healthy now. Such a relief and lovely for us to see. We no longer have to worry about her getting sick every second week. In fact, last week, all of her friends got sick and missed some school, but she didn't even get a sniffle! What a change.

Lazyboo and I are still arguing about names, as I'm sure we will until the very last moment. Girl's name is very settled. For a boy, we have two alternatives. I've come back to the first idea but LB is stuck on the second now. I want to share them with fellow bloggers for their opinions but there are people that we know in real life who do read this sometimes and we don't want to share with them! We're seriously thinking of switching to Word Press solely for password protected posts. More on that later.

And to finish with a new list of symptoms:
  • shortness of breath, sometimes I feel like I can't get enough air
  • build up of thick sticky mucus in the back of my nose and throat
  • almost constant nausea, but especially around cooking smells
  • the sight and smell of any processed meats makes me go green
  • uncontrollable desire to eat hot chips
  • intermittent fatigue - am loving having nana naps.
  • peeing constantly
  • enormous breasts. it's just crazy. and boy do they hurt.
  • amazing sensitivity to smells. I could work for customs.
  • increasing vagueness and forgetfulness. this morning while doing Princess' hair for school I did one side in a piggy tail and the other in a plait before I realised.
  • a smile that is hard to wipe off my face whenever I think of weeny beany - this is actually happening!
It seems that there are so many blogging women in the TWW right now and I am so excited for everyone! Crossing fingers and baby dust to Tiff and K., Vee and Jay, J. and S.K-C, Sarah and Angi, and Chips and Ducks. Sorry if I've forgotten anyone. As I commented somewhere, I have declared this Lesbian Bloggers Fertility Month. So I am looking forward to 5 (or more) BFPs in the next week or so!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the baby dust!And I hate to tell you, but I don't think the uncontrollable urge to eat hot chips is a symptom of pregnancy. If it is, I think I've been pregnant since weening!

NotesFrom2Moms said...

I have EVERY SINGLE ONE of those symptoms... except the hot chips. I instead have developed an intense craving for organic chocolate milk.

Anonymous said...

Thanks love! Sounds like things are going beautifully.

Now switch to Wordpress! So easy. So much better.

ox

j.k-c. said...

Thanks for the baby dust...always appreciated, never enough. :)
I say switch to wordpress. I love it.