PBX = Potential Baby X = Weeny Beany

Friday 7 March 2008

My adorable Lazyboo

She has been looking after me so well. She's working really hard at the moment, but comes home every night and cooks for us all, cleans up and make sure Princess has everything she needs for school, has done her homework, is bathed and in bed on time. She bakes me things when I really want them. She fetches stuff for me all the time when I just can't possibly move anymore. I was going to visit a friend today who has a small baby and I had offered to take lunch, so LB made a delicious pot of dahl for us late last night.

We have been reading updates on weeny beany and this week's update said that the ears are completely formed. So last night, Mama Boo (she really just wants to be called Boo but I'm still coming around to dropping the mama bit completely!) started to read to weeny beany. She rested her head on my thighs and started to read the Australian children's classic Snugglepot and Cuddlepie. She plans to do this every night.

We have long been discussing getting a civil union (cos while it's not available in Australia, I'm a British citizen and as such can do it that way at the Embassy). We had even discussed doing it when I was about 3 months pregnant, having a big party and announcing the pregnancy to everyone there. But that is coming up very quickly and we just haven't got organised for it, and we can't really afford it right now. But last night, Lazyboo announced that we absolutely have to be civilly joined (is that even how you say it?) before the baby is born. Very cute and chivalrous I think. She doesn't want our baby to be illegitimate!

I love my Lazyboo so much.
And I can't wait until I'm one step closer to being able to call her my wife.

3 comments:

more BEANS please said...

That sounds amazing! How lucky to be a British citizen and have the opportunity. Hopefully, it becomes an Australian reality too :) Lazyboo sounds wonderful and whatever you end up deciding will be great. If you do get civially joined make sure you post some pics!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Exciting - I love a good wedding. How cool that you can get it done under UK law without having to leave Australian soil. Will you do it again under Australian law if/when it gets passed?

We too are planning a civil partnership. I use the word planning in the loosest sense, because we've been stalled because I want a shotgun wedding (down the ailse with a BIG baby bump) and until that happens there's no point planning in any detail.

I've heard people use the term "civilly partnered" which just sounds daft to me, in a terribly polite British way. I prefer civilly joined.

Anonymous said...

Good for you guys!! Awesome that you are thinking of doing a civil union. I say go for it. Have an awesome weekend gals.