PBX = Potential Baby X = Weeny Beany

Sunday 2 March 2008

The night from hell and necessary life changes

I'm surprised that we survived last night (and before anybody starts stressing, we are all ok and i'm just going to be a bit melodramatic now).

I was being a little silly yesterday and was riding Princess's scooter along the street. Of course I hit a bump and went down hard. Am now bruised and grazed like a little kid and both LB and I spent some time stressing about jolts to Weeny Beany and how bad timing it is given the approaching 8 week mark (tomorrow) and our doc telling us that 4, 8 and 12 weeks are the biggest danger periods. But all seems to be ok fortunately apart from aching muscles and being reminded just how much grazed knees and elbows hurt. Princess will get much more sympathy next time she does it (cos that's fairly frequent!)

Our neighbours clearly went away again leaving their incredibly annoying teenagers to throw another party. Extremely bad, excessively loud music from 7pm to 1am. Shrieking, Laughing, Shouting, Swearing and generally being overly loud until 3.30am. All just beside our bedroom wall. I was nearly passed out from exhaustion at 7pm but due to their noise did not get to sleep until after 1am. I can still feel the bass pounding in my head. And poor LB, who was just starting to feel a bit better, didn't sleep at all until after 3. And then our crazy cat decides that 4.42 is a good time to poo on the floor right next to my side of the bed. I don't think I have ever smelt anything so bad. So I proceeded to cover my head with a pillow to disguise both the stench and the light (although my eyes seemed to be completely glued shut and unable to be opened anyway) and my lovely long suffering LB had to get up and clean it up. And then the bloody teenagers next door were up again before 8 noisily cleaning up bottles, no doubt to clear the scene before the return of their parents. GRUMP!

At least Princess slept through the whole thing, miraculously. She woke at about 7.30, LB told her to read a book in bed until 9 and come to ask for breakfast but she clearly got engrossed in the story because she didn't reappear until after 10.30. She then told us that she had heard the music as she was trying to go to sleep but sang to herself, 'Red and Yellow and Green and Blue, I can sing a rainbow' while clutching her teddy bears and was able to sleep! Must try that one. Very cute stuff.

I have decided that we need to make some life changes. We should become nudists, sleep on japanese tatami mats and only eat raw food. This will then prevent the alarming build up of dirty dishes, clothes and bedding. For some reason, LB didn't think this was a good idea though...

There are good things though:
  • Princess has spent the entire weekend building a magical kingdom of polly pockets and doll's house figures in her bedroom and has only really emerged to be very cute, ask for food and go to a birthday party (cos she still has a much better social life than ours). This has allowed LB and I to languish in our exhaustion and successfully, at least until now, ignore all of the things that need to be done.
  • Lazyboo just brought me a great snack cos I was feeling sick (again!) Corn crackers with sliced tomato (no mean feat given all we had left was a few shriveled baby romas) and a pickle (yes I know it's a terrible stereotype but they're yummy all of a sudden!)
  • She is now preparing to make me gluten free dairy free gingerbread because I bought some (standard stuff so not edible by me!) for the little guys I hang out with on Tuesdays and have been going on about it ever since.
  • There is a weeny beany growing in my belly! That never ceases to make us smile, no matter how crappy things are being. I'm actually wearing maternity cargo pants today (what a find!). Not because I need to, but because I want to!
In other pregnancy related news, we have another appointment with the doc on thursday when we will tell her that we do want to have the 13 week scan (and not wait until 20 weeks to actually see the baby!). And I'm going to ask if it's possible to try and listen for a heartbeat then. I feel like I need some proof of a baby in there, and confirmation that this isn't all some strange dream. We have our first hospital appointment on 9 April, which is about 13 weeks and seems forever away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's no strange dream, mama! I'm so sorry to hear about your night from hell. I can't believe you didn't go pounding on their door. Next time you can call me and I'll call them and say, "Listen nit-wits, there is a lady next door growing a baby! Shut the f*ck up!" Hope the 'rents don't go out of town again for a very long time. Your list of wonderfuls is supurb. ox