PBX = Potential Baby X = Weeny Beany

Thursday 25 October 2007

Emotional blackmail

WTF am I supposed to say? Really.
I've been threatened with grumpy Clark for the Indigo Girls concert tomorrow night if I don't produce a blog. Hence the title.
The Indigo Girls concert that I've been waiting for like 10 years to get to. Because I had tickets to both local concerts for their last scheduled tour until Amy Ray got appendicitis and the tour was cancelled. So there's no way in hell that I'm jeopardising this.
This concert has been one of the main things getting me through the last few months. Between work and study and TTC, its quite frankly been a shit time.
And now its finally tomorrow night and I'm finally going to get to SEE THE INDIGO GIRLS and so I can post a little blog. Right?
Of course, I should be studying.
So C is going to expect some deep and probably existential blog in reply to her last effort. But I just don't think I have the brain or emotional capacity to deal with those issues right now.
I'm not sure that I am ready to truly consider subjecting my body to that. Pain is NOT my friend. Nor is discomfort, nausea, or any of the other things that go along with pregnancy.
And quite frankly, I don't want to put my life on hold for 40 weeks. After exams, I want to eat right and lose weight and get fit and start running again. Seriously. I want to do the Mother's Day classic and the Run to the G and maybe even the Melbourne Marathon. And Day Around the Bay and possibly even the Great Victorian Bike Ride.
I want to be able to go to Pump and whatever gym classes I feel like.
And all that seems impossible with a bun in the oven.
I don't know quite how C is reconciling that now. Its always that quandry during the TWW. Should she go to training, if she does should she run, if she runs how far? It feels like a never-ending question. And I'm not sure I'm happy with doing that.
Anway, there's my first post. When I have a bit more brain space that's not being used for Accounting Theory and Introduction to Commercial Law, then I'll have a few more things to say.
Until then, please if there's any "higher being" out there, PLEASE let me pass my exams!

No comments: