PBX = Potential Baby X = Weeny Beany

Thursday 18 October 2007

Here we go again

It's starting again!

I got a positive ovulation test this morning, despite all the stressing yesterday. Within an hour of that, flights and a hotel were booked for J and arrangements were made for Princess to go to her Dad's tonight. And I succeeded in thoroughly stressing myself out yet again.

At least all the stressing has perhaps led to something good - I've finally started properly charting my cycle, with temperatures and all. Hopefully this will have been a completely redundant act because in a few weeks we'll be pregnant, but in the more probable case that that doesn't happen, at least we will be more prepared next time than relying solely on Ovulation tests and haphazard observations.

Princess is sick. Nothing serious, so not too much worrying about a cold. But it's a cold that has so far required three days off school. No school, no work for me. No work, no money. Oh well, the joys of being parents...... and we want to do it all over again!

I had planned to have today and tomorrow off work anyway in order to keep my stress levels down for this next attempt. I had envisaged myself in some state of zen calm throughout these days.. HA! Add a sick kid, two uni assignments that just won't do themselves despite much hoping, and a tax realisation - Oh no, really gotta get those returns in for the last two years before we're out of time for this year too... I think I need to stop stressing about being stressed. That's just life. Our lives anyway.

So in the next 24 hours I plan to:
  • Finish one uni assignment (which involves actually starting it!)
  • Make a good start on a second uni assignment (just choosing the topic would be good)
  • Miraculously make our daughter's cold disappear (bed rest, water, enforced naps!)
  • Have beautiful but smelly dog washed
  • Go for a run!
  • Drop off Princess and Pick up J from airport
  • Have dinner with J and LB
  • Do two inseminations (one tonight, one tomorrow morning)
  • Get J back to airport
  • Organise tax stuff (which LB has pretty much already done cos I'm hopeless with $ and she's really clever)
  • Get to accountant to face the music (and the fines)
I think I need a nap just thinking about it all.....

No comments: