PBX = Potential Baby X = Weeny Beany

Monday 26 November 2007

Surprise, Relief and Optimism

Wow! We have a new government. I tried really hard not to get excited or optimistic about this election after being so crushed last time. I even tried to ignore all of the extremely positive polls beforehand. But I didn't need to do that - our old government was thoroughly trounced, as I think it completely deserved. Now I just have to not think about the fact that the new government's policies about gay rights are less than ideal. At least they're better, and will apparently do more for us, even if not all we want. Aside from gay rights, I believe this new government is nothing but good news for Australia, and hopefully we'll start moving in a better direction from now on.

I ovulated this month! At least my chart at fertility friend says I did, which is better than the month before! It was much later than I would have expected, but at least it happened. So we're going to attempt to try again next month. If J is available though, because I should ovulate sometime in the week before Christmas.

I am feeling good about our next efforts, because I feel that we know so much more now. This month off has been difficult, especially when I knew that I was ovulating, but I think we used it wisely. We have been closely tracking both of our cycles (and both seem to be doing what they should). I have finished my academic year, and have made lots of decisions about next year, including ways to reduce stress and workload. In short, I'm going to be working only 3 days per week next year, two days with my current IR/marketing job, and one day as a nanny to two of my little guys. The other two days are for me and for my family. To study, to hang out with Princess, to keep things organised for all of us.

I am so looking forward to getting off the mouse wheel. And I want to be optimistic about next month, but I'm afraid of the disappointment that another unsuccessful attempt will bring. LB is going through a negative phase where she feels like it's never going to happen. I'm vacillating. But I have to hold on the hope that we'll get there one day.

No comments: