PBX = Potential Baby X = Weeny Beany

Sunday 10 February 2008

OMG I'm actually pregnant

It's starting to hit me. About the same time as the extreme vagueness, persistent nausea, dizziness and fatigue. There's actually a baby in there (somewhere under all that fat!).

Princess has gone for a daddy weekend which is a good thing while we get our heads around this new development. It's funny that we've wanted this for so long, but now it's here, it's still a little scary.

We had a beautiful day yesterday. LB had previously banned me (cos I'm a ridiculous emotional shopper for anything but clothes for me) from buying, or even looking too much, at baby things. So we went on a trek yesterday to find a Baby T.arget. I remember having such a good time in those places when expecting Princess. So the internet told us that there is one in Werribee and one in Preston. Neither places that are desirable places to go for any other reason! We trekked across (minimum 30 minute drive!) to Preston only to find that it had closed down. Thwarted! But then we bizarrely ran into a friend and proceeded to have a great catch up and lunch with her. And we just had to tell her! Who would have thought the going to Preston was such a good idea! Especially given that our other friends who live there (with their adorable 5 m old son) weren't around to visit. So then we trekked to Werribee. Almost an hour from Preston, half an hour from home. No Baby T.arget there either. It clearly wasn't meant to be. We did however visit a few other shops and finally bought some very cute things for our PBX. And now I'm not allowed to get anything else for a while (it's a good thing that one of us is sensible!)

PBX things


While down there, we decided to drop in on some other friends, who we haven't seen in at least 15 months. Before the whole TTC began. They have an 18 month old and are expecting their second in August. And of course we just had to tell again! Just can't keep our mouths shut. So nice to hang out with them and their adorable girl and talk babies without any of that jealousy and resentment clouding it all.

So much for not telling! LB doesn't want to tell anyone (else!), including Princess, until 12 weeks. I'm a lot more conflicted about it, mainly because I can't keep a secret to save myself! And I especially hate excluding Princess from this. It's been awful during the whole TTC process for that reason, but it was just not sensible to let her in on it. And now, the situation is pretty much that if we tell her, the whole world will know. And I'm not quite ready for the whole world to know.... Anyone got any ideas on this?

This morning I woke up feeling awful so just plugged in to catch up on blogs. While I wasn't looking, LB tidied the entire house! I turned around after about half an hour and the house that formerly looked like a bomb had hit it is now pristinely tidy. And she's making pancakes now! Thank you all for your lovely comments, they do so make us smile. So I have been keeping up with all your blogs, even though I haven't been commenting... A summary of my thoughts:
  • Vee and Jay - am hoping so hard that this is your time. Paramedic sperm has got to be good right! Sending virtual babydust.
  • Owl and Pcat - sorry to hear about the doctor dramas - is so hard to find a decent one in this city. And well done for succeeding with the big girl bed! Yay for 2008 babies indeed!
  • Mrs Bluemont - good luck with the upcoming insems. Thinking fertile thoughts for you.
  • Tiff - missed opportunities are so hard to deal with. :( I'm looking forward to more of your thoughts.
  • Renee (and Janice) - i hope that you have had the opportunity to talk and that you both feel better about things.
  • Notesfrom2moms - i'm already feeling the pressure! and it's nice that we're only about a week apart and can do this together.
  • And Chips - hang in there until test day! hoping yours is as much fun as mine was.
And as for my Anonymous commenter - I know who you are! And we don't all have fresh sperm on tap like you (in the form of a husband) AND get lucky on the first try! :P

Today we're going to start to tackle the challenges of gluten free dairy free pregnancy nutrition (cos potato gems and pancakes for breakfast probably isn't a good long term plan). Can't ever do anything the easy way.

6 comments:

R said...

Thank you!! So excited for ya!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you three!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your good wishes! And I'll be completely the same with the telling - no way would I be able to keep it quiet for a minute.

Anonymous said...

oh...I've been gluten free for about 6 months now. It's hard but worth it. I tried to quit dairy as well but found it too much all at once. Kudos to you for doing both.

Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

i am just a babbling idiot over every piece of news you have. i share with angi and she already loves you like i do. many congrats dear. i hope you don't feel ill long. good luck with the diet. we're trying for vegan and cutting back on the gluten would be ideal. i look forward to seeing how it all works out. good luck not telling people. there is no way i could keep my mouth shut either. oxox

j.k-c. said...

OMG!!! Congrats, congrats!!! I go on vacation and look what happens...I miss all the good stuff!! I'm so happy for you! Good luck on gluten free...we did that for a while and S mostly sticks to it, but I cannot seem to. Cereal and bread are my favorite foods and when I wasn't eating gluten I had all sorts of dreams about eating loads and loads of bread.