PBX = Potential Baby X = Weeny Beany

Saturday 2 February 2008

Triplets

I babysat 12 month old triplets last night. They are amazing kids and I am filled with admiration for their parents. Just being with those babies, settling them when they cried, holding them while they smiled and giggled was like a balm for my soul.

I was brooding when I arrived (see previous post!) but within a short time of being there, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Here were two people who faced great adversity to have their children, only to deal with the shock of three at once. They do it with such dignity and enthusiasm and joy. Those children are so secure and loved and beautiful. It just reminded me that there is justice in the world.

Once they were all asleep (with little effort on my part), I settled in to watch some tv and felt a bit wierd in my lower abdomen. When I went to the bathroom there was blood. And quite a bit of it. So I panicked. It was only DPO 10 and a whole week before my period was due. What the hell was happening? I called LB, who was at the time trying to feed and bathe and get our daughter to bed, who calmed me down with the simple words (or something to this effect) 'What will be will be. We just have to wait and see'. And the bleeding stopped.

Maybe this was the fabled implantation spotting that I've heard about (nothing at all like the other times I've thought I may have had spotting!). Add that to the crushing exhaustion, continued high temps, tender breasts, dizziness and occasional nausea I have right now and things look good. But I think I am philosophical enough to know that my body is incredibly talented at fooling me, as it has done with many of these same 'symptoms' in the past 8 months. Is very hard to stop the brain racing though....

Our intention is not to test until Friday. That's a whole 6 days away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! this sound so very very promising. i envy your triplets night.

i'm as crossed as can be for you my dear. friday will be here before you know it!

oxox