PBX = Potential Baby X = Weeny Beany

Tuesday 29 January 2008

Phantom symptoms

It's DPO 7 and the most probably phantom symptoms have started - I have sore breasts, I think I've had some spotting, and I've been really all over the place with my moods - LB and I had an emotional confrontation last night about the very same things that we always fight about - nothing new at all but I really had to bring it all up at once very late last night. It did all end well though, as it inevitably does. And poor LB dealt with all that, then went back to work for the first time in 2 weeks today. Sometimes I'm so bloody inconsiderate....

My temps have been all over the place since ovulation this month. dip then spike then dip then spike again. Wierd.


So my temp now is almost as high as it's ever been. I'm hoping that it stays that way, but am still not optimistic in the slightest despite the impeccable timing. Although I'm sure that will change in the next 10 days - so that on Feb 8 (if not before), I'm once again crushed by the advent of CD1.

In nicer news, Princess has been back for a couple of days and it's wonderful to have my family back together again. I don't like it at all when we're apart. And today I took care of my two favourite little monkeys (apart from Princess of course!) - a pair of 2 year olds that I'm going to nanny for one day each week. It was wonderful to see them, and they were all full of effusive affection and much garbled discussions about their holidays. And they are practically toilet trained now - huge progress in only a month since I last saw them. And we all went out for dinner with my father tonight, who has returned home from China for a couple of weeks. That's usually a stressful occasion, as he's never really accepted LB and the fact that we are all a family, but tonight he actually made eye contact AND conversation with LB and it all went swimmingly. Is a big relief. Despite the myriad of issues I've had with him, I still do like my dad a lot, most of the time.

So apologies for the litany of complaints lately, it seems that I've just been all pissy lately. Am currently attempting to get over myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't worry about being pissy... keep on!

Anonymous said...

I do hope you get your period before Jan 8th. Waiting 9 months or so for it would be ok though! ;-)

Clark said...

Thanks for picking that up Vee! Hopefully it was a Freudian slip rather than just me being a dumb head....